Summer is here. With scorching heat in the daytime and cool breeze of air in the evening. Some complain for it and some love the summery days. Everyone wants remedy from the scorching heat. Keeping cool when temperatures reach record highs isn't just about comfort. Dangerously high temperatures can result in heat-related illnesses ranging from heat cramps to heat exhaustion and heat stroke. The following tips can help we keep cool all summer long.
It's the time of the year to nourish our body with seasonal fruit and vegetables that are packed with powerful nutrients which give moisture to our skin and nourish our body, boosting it to counter the influence of the heat. Eat small, frequent meals during the day and make sure we don't skip breakfast, because it prevents low blood pressure and dizziness during very hot days.
The diet should consist of light food, refreshing and avoid heavy foods. "Greasy and fatty foods are likely to increase discomfort during the summer because they take a longer time to digest."- Msn lifestyle
Here are 10 tips which will make us easy to beat the heat in summer:
1. Wear loose-fitting clothing, preferably of a light color. Include Chiffon, Georgette, and cotton as many as you like in your wardrobe.
2. Eat lots of colorful vegetables and fruits. Fruit in dark colour contain more nutrients. I should mention here Watermelon and citrus fruits make your body hydrated throughout.
3. Combat dehydration by drinking plenty of water along with sports drinks or other sources of electrolytes. Well, summer is all about cool fruit juice, shakes, and smoothies and so on. Carbonated and aerated drinks should be avoided as much as possible.
4. Avoid caffeine and alcohol as these will promote dehydration.
5. Instead of hot foods, try lighter summer fare including frequent small meals or snacks containing cold fruit or low fat dairy products. As an added benefit, we won't have to cook next to a hot stove.
6. Use cucumbers. Slice a thin piece of cold cucumber (from the fridge or a cooler) and stick it in the middle of our forehead! This feels fantastic on a hot day or when stuck in a hot car and works almost immediately! An ice cube or a cold soda can work similarly, though the astringency of the cucumber is more refreshing for our eyelids.
7. When stepping outside, make sure you are safe through sunglasses, umbrellas, hats or whatever makes you easy and comfortable.
8. Try storing lotions or cosmetic toners in the refrigerator to use on hot, overtired feet.
9. In my experience, tomato serves as the amazing toner and soothes your skin after being exposed in the sun. Include tomato as much as you can. Eat them, or apply them in your hands and face and wash after 5 minutes. The result is smooth, shiny and glowing skin.
10. Finally, use common sense. If the heat is intolerable, stay indoors when we can and avoid activities in direct sunlight or on hot surfaces. Pay special attention to the elderly, infants, and anyone with a chronic illness, as they may dehydrate easily and be more susceptible to heat-related illnesses. Don't forget that pets also need protection from dehydration and heat-related illnesses too.
Most important : Please have pots, buckets, vases full with water around because birds are dying of thirst this summer.
Disclaimer : I don't claim the ownership of the pictures used in the above post. I've searched in the web and used.